Monday, March 30, 2015

Mar 29th, 2015

Dear Family and Friends, 
I have arrived! I was in all three zones of Montevideo and now I am in the zone farthest away and my area is made up of wide spaced houses, cows, horses, sheep, chicken, stray dogs and cats and tons of Gauchos(Cowboys).It is called the city of Melo and I am on the outskirts of the city. It is so cool because these people are a million times more friendly than they were in Montevideo. I don´t know what I did to deserve to stay in Montevideo for so long but now I am super close to the border of Brasil and their food is so much better and cheaper. I can buy most everything for prices I would pay in America. I can buy 4 gigantic pastries in the morning for a dollar and 2 liters of soda for a dollar instead of 3 like in Montevideo. Everything is super cheap, the people are incredible and want to talk to us, and the ward is actually huge and strong. So I have been blessed.  We are never just stuck wondering around for hours like I was in Montevideo and we always have a full schedule to fill. We had huge success with several investigators coming to church unlike the rest of my mission and they have sincere desires to learn. The only problem is that the ratio of married couples to couples that just live together is like 1:500 and no one wants to spend money on marriage and whatever else. But that is what teaching by the spirit is for to convince them of the truth and help them change. 
I have also been called to be a district leader out here which has been way fun because now I can do all the things that I wanted in a district leader before. So I plan on doing the best I can to love and serve them instead of correcting like I have seen before. I still get corrected a lot by the zone leaders that I live with but oh well. They are just better people than me and more dedicated. They are super dedicated to the work it is kind of scary sometimes. They don´t even talk about anything from the past, correct when you use the slightest slang and they are always studying. It is a little too much for me but at least it is a good house and I can learn a lot from them. I don´t really know what I think about it.
But anyways! My comp is way cool too and literally the most good looking Elder in the mission.  But he is a super cool guy. He is from Logan Utah and a great worker and we are decently similar in likes and attitude. 
We haven´t taken any good pictures but here is one we took right before we came here to write home. 
So overall, I am still really quite busy with the new responsibilites but life is well. I hope life is well for the rest of you and enjoy the photos of me saying good bye to really good friends and a picture of all the financiers that are still in the mission. It is in chronological order of who has been a financier.
Love you and talk to you soon!
Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment