Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
Everything here is going pretty well if I may say so myself! My companion is pretty great. He is a great worker unlike the other two and very excited during teaching which is great. We work very hard and have fun. We live in a four person house which is pretty fun. Less long silences of boredom and more people to talk to. My companion is Argentinian so we don´t talk in English but it is great. I am learning quite a bit and there in another gringo in the house so we can talk in English. Overall the house, companionship goes well but the work is rough. I replaced the district leader in our area and the district leader had been there for a long time and it is a hard area. Much more rich and harder to have success. There has only been four baptisms in this area for the last year whereas there was 11 in my last area.
We had a division which is where we switch for a day with the district leader and I went with his comp and he had Yugioh cards which was hilarious. I played Yugioh for the first time in like 8 years that day so that was cool. 
This last week there was a mtc for a day for the youth in Uruguay and the President of our mission was there in our building for it. So people wanted to play soccer on the court and his car was in the way. So he gave my comp the keys to move it, but he was too scared and couldn´t drive the automatic so now I can say I drove the President´s car which is hilarious.
A dog also followed us home yesterday for two hours so he stayed within our gates for the night, gave him some food and water, and kicked him out this morning which was pretty funny too. Not too much happened this week. The area is great, comp is decent, house is good, zone is good, and district leader is awesome. Let me know if you want to know anything else!
Elder Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment