Saturday, October 18, 2014

Oct 18th, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
It has been another great week here in Uruguay and love having so many things to do and being so busy. I have fallen in love with being busy and all that stuff so this new assignment helps. I am in charge of all the missionaries cards, medical expenditures, reimbursements for missionaries, all the cell phones of the mission, and more but those are the heftiest. I have never been so busy in my life, and we still do our best to get out and proselyte which is crazy. Having a thousand things in your head at one time, has given me so many head aches but I love it. I have never been so tired in my life. Plus we wake up early to run to the church and play basketball every morning so I am a zombie now.
Even though it is a blast being here, it is hard, because it is like having a job almost. Trying to maintain the spirituality of a missionary when we barely can go out to work and testify of the gospel is hard. My spirituality is draining but the other offices workers are incredible, plus we are with President and the APs a lot so we all keep each other sane and spiritual. It is crazy how much President trusts us though, that is for sure. Working on computers all day every day with internet access and having a car and permission to go to which ever area and even leave mission boundaries is crazy. Uruguay is split into two missions and one of the banks we use is in the other mission and it is just so strange still to have so many worldly things now, but still being responsible. In a couple months I will be able to drive around and that is crazy. It is all so crazy but I am so excited. The Lord and President really love and trust us which is so comforting. 
I will update you guys on all the disasters and crazy things that happen, but right now, I don't have enough time. Sadly. You wouldn't believe the kind of things that happen, and we know it all. But once I have a camera I will definitely send tons of pictures and show you downtown Montevideo versus the country. it is insane. Super beautiful, and nice in the city. I realized I am a city person out here which is funny. Still haven't left the capital and won't for 14 months of my 24 month mission. And it could even be longer! Crazy stuff.
I feel so blessed with this opportunity and absolutely love it. 
Hope you guys have a great week and I will write again next week.
Elder Moss

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Monika, danke fuer das Posten dieser Nachrichten!! Also, Missionspräsidenten-Finanzsekretaer, was???? Runs in the family.......
    Liebe Gruesse an alle
    Auntie Ingrid

    ReplyDelete