Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7th, 2014

Dear family and friends,
Every week is ridiculously crazy and is never the same it seems. 
Conference was incredible and I took 23 pages of notes and didn´t miss a second of any talk. Things have kind of changed for me huh? No more sleeping or groaning about conference, rather we all were really excited. They thankfully had an English room for all the missionaries in our zone and it was great. Only thing is most are almost done so it´s hard to listen to them say this was my last conference and I am just starting. Sometimes I feel as if I have learned what I need and am ready to go home but I only have 2.5 months! I have a ways to go huh! That is awesome to hear about the German sister except I have no German left. Just a weird mix of Spanish and English. I forgot to tell you but my trainer knows a lot more english than I expected so we always resolve to speak in Spanish but end up talking in English. Kind of frustrating during lessons but whatever. I have two years to learn this language. I know enough to get around and teach but I have a long ways to go. We have a blast but I really need to resolve to talk in Spanish with him more. That´s great to hear about Brandon and his time off. I finally have a little time to write letters today so maybe within the next month I will send a envelope filled with letters I would love for you to send to differnet people. It would be greatly appreciated.
The address I gave will not work. Just send everything to the mission home and I will get it for sure, just a little slower. We have too many changes and addresses are wack here. I did get your first package which was awesome! You know what candy I like and the deodorant and the face lotion are awesome. I just hope the lotion will stay on. In the summer it will get up to 38 ish degrees celsius with 80 percent humidity some days. I will truly die. I probably won´t fast with water those months because we have to wear suits on sundays with that heat. Humidity is truly a thing of the devil and I have a lot of stress regarding summer in October. It will truly be Hell. I already have the most ridiculous farmers tan which is hilarious.
Every week we email the president and last week I asked him for advice about the mission and he gave some great advice which I will try to apply.
Everyone can mail me and email. I just have such little time to reply. Every p day is just as busy or more busy than normal days with shopping, cleaning, zone activities, emailing, etc. 
Last Saturday after Priesthood which started at 9 at night, we were on our way home and almost got robbed. We were close to the house when a very quiet car started following us, the door opened and so we walked super fast and then we got just close enough to other people that they turned back. Quite terrifying. Once I realized what was happening my adrenaline started pumping and I said a prayer and nothing happened. Getting robbed here is a regular thing apparently. Sometimes they grab and run, other times a group of teenagers comes up and holds a gun to your chest. No joke. Just grateful it hasnt happened yet to me. One elder from my group got robbed in the first week.
It would be greatly appreciated if you send liahonas, conference talks etc. No joke. I was actually going to ask you for those.
One group of teenagers thought I was a spy from the US because of the suit which was really funny. Me and my comp laughed because why would a 18 year old white teen, go to Uruguay of all places, preach religiously in a suit with a nametag while not knowing Spanish. Most kids here apparently don´t finish high school and it is very evident. Groups of teenage boys are truly a scourge to missionaries here.
Another funny thing was my comp fell asleep early and woke up at 12 30 and realized he didnt pray, pee, etc and so when he got up, exhaustedly, I started to pray. I fell asleep and he came out of the bathroom with me asleep, woke up and told me it was 12 30 so I rolled back in bed and passed out again. It was way funnier here than expaining it. We are always beyond tired at the end of our days. I don´t know how I even have strength during the days. Especially after the last conference when we didnt get to bed till 1 30 because it started at nine at the stake center. 5 hours of sleep killed me sunday.
We also have inter changes and I went to another area where they have a pet chicken in the backyard named Shakira which was hilarious. It was only for a day but it was awesome. We also burned spiders and ants in the house because of the garbage. Way fun time.
We started to try to talk to a couple people this week but they dismissed us by saying they were sinners and the guy talking said. No no, We´re sinners and... uh.., I´m gay and ran off. Super funny expereicnes every week.
Hope you guys like to hear about this crazy place and the insane life of a missionary. Love you guys dearly. Have a great week. Can´t wait to hear from you next week!
Love,
Elder Moss

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff elder Moss, your mom passed this blog aling to me. Wss I right about the toilet flush in the opposite direction? Glsd things sre going well, the field is white! Keep up the great work!

    Your friend - David Leski

    ReplyDelete